Terms And Conditions
Before I start, I have to say I may not be my usual funny self throughout this section (I will still try). It’s all the boring legal stuff, but I have to tell you, so let’s get on with it.
- Bookings have to be made by adults. That means if you’re under 18, we are unable to take your booking.
- I will provide a Personal License Holder and fully trained bar staff as required by legislation during your event. The number of Hooman staff I supply will depend on the number of guests at your event.
- I will also order my Hooman to apply for an Occasional License for the event. Bar opening times will be subject to approval by the relevant authorities, and any restrictions placed upon the event will be strictly adhered to (boring, I know). At least 35 days notice is required to ensure the application is made within the relevant Licensing Boards timescales. I will pay for the Occasional License fee with my Paw-ket money. You can thank me with a carrot when you meet me.
- It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to purchase, or attempt to purchase or consume alcohol at any event. My Hooman says that anyone who looks to be under the age of 25 should bring photographic ID/proof of age with them, or we will not be able to serve them. We will refuse to serve anyone at the event who is or appears to be excessively drunk or uses threatening or abusive behaviour towards staff, customers or other guests. We will also refuse to serve anyone who purchases or attempts to purchase alcohol for someone under the age of 18, or someone who has previously been refused alcohol by my bar staff. The decision on such matters will be taken by my Hooman and will be final.
Sorry for being very serious - but this is important information as I want all my guests to enjoy their time with us and feel safe. Let's carry on...
- All correspondence will solely be between the person who made the booking (Organiser), and Mr Reds’ Gin Bar unless authorisation is given by the Organiser.
- Mr Red’s Gin Bar will be the sole provider of all alcoholic beverages at the event unless previously agreed.
- If the venue charges corkage fees, these will be added to the bill and must be paid by The Organiser by cash or card before the event starts.
- If we are unable to provide services as agreed due to circumstances out of our control (such as transport, major weather conditions or another global pandemic) we will not be held responsible for loss, cancellation or delay.
We will require
- A minimum of 2 hours access to the venue before it starts to assemble the bar and equipment.
- If I’m attending, I need time in front of the mirror before the guests arrive. We also need sufficient time between the closing of the bar and having to vacate the venue to enable all goods and equipment to be dismantled and removed. I will nap during this time.
- One plug socket for our electricity supply is required.
- The Horsebox requires a minimum of 6m x 5m to fully operate, and a head height of 3m. Depending on the event restrictions regarding consumption of alcohol in public areas, we may require a space of 10m x 6m to enable a small seating area for drinking.
- To bring our horsebox to your event, we need to have space for the car to be permanently parked near the horsebox (unless otherwise agreed before the event). We will need sufficient turning space as well as time to get the horsebox ready. It is therefore essential that no parking restrictions apply. If we cannot park legally, we will be unable to continue the event.
- Don’t worry, I will not be driving; I just shout the orders.
- A non-refundable deposit of £150 to £250 (depends on what you hire) is required to secure your event date. This enables us to start all the proceedings for your event and includes the hire of one of our fleet, the horsebox bar, the cocktail trike or the pop-up bar and also includes two trained members of staff.
- If you have not paid a deposit, your event is NOT secured, and we may take other bookings.
- There is a minimum spend of £800 for Cash and Tab bars. For any reason the minimum spend is not met by the end of the event - the difference must be paid in full by the event Organiser unless otherwise negotiated.
- If the spend exceeds £1,700, you will receive your £150 or £250 deposit back because I am a kind soul!
- We charge 50p per mile for a return journey, anything over 50 miles from Gourock, Scotland.
Prices and measures
- All our prices are subject to change although once a menu is agreed for an event then no further changes will be made to the pricing during that event.
- All of our spirit measures are dictated by the License that we operate under. We provide 25ml single measures for all alcoholic spirits. We will serve double measures on request (these are 50ml measures).
- My Hooman advised me that we have full Public Liability Insurance and Employers Liability Insurance.
Here endeth the boring legal stuff. Enjoy your day!